You’re not alone! But for me, that ended several years ago when I learned a trick that transformed how I clean windows. I discovered a secret weapon...NEWSPAPER! Believe it or not, that paper we throw away turns out to be one of the best tools for cleaning. Here are the steps for getting sparkling clean windows using everyday newspaper.
- Spray the window with your favorite window cleaner. I found that most products work equally well.
- With a crumpled sheet of dry newspaper, begin to wipe the window in a circular motion. As the newspaper becomes highly saturated with the cleaner and dirt, switch to a clean sheet to wipe away the remaining cleaner.
- Your windows should come out spotless and the ink from the newsprint will leave a film that is resistant to dirt.
- Note. Since there is ink in the newspaper and a small amount will get on your hand while cleaning, you should wear a disposable glove or wash your hands when finished.
- For those hard-to-reach corners of windows, use an old toothbrush or Q-tip to remove the built-up dirt before wiping.
- I use this same cleaning process on mirrors and car windows. As an added bonus, when used on car windows the ink works as a repellent causing water to bead up and roll off during rainstorms. It really works just like the costly rain repellant products!
So try it out and tell me how newspaper works for you!