- Place an ice cube in each carpet dent. Larger dents will require multiple cubes.
- Let the ice cube melt on the compressed carpet. Let the area sit for at least 12 hours. As the ice melts the carpet nap will begin to return to its fluffy state, eliminating the dent. If necessary, absorb the excess water with a clean towel.
- If after applying the ice you find the carpet nap has not recovered completely, use a fork to gently lift the remaining carpet fibers.
- Some dents are more difficult than others and may need the process repeated.
- If some of the dents still remain, you can mist the spot with a water bottle and dry with a blow dryer while gently fluffing the area with a fork.
Avoid using this method on carpets that are not compatible with water cleaning.
Use caution if you have a wood floors beneath the carpeting.
Article referenced in Wiki How